Friday, January 2, 2009

Goodbye to diets forever! Hello FREEDOM!

My reason for starting this blog is to encourage anyone who is sick of, frustrated by, and tired of dieting and diets. This is targeted at those who want to be truly free. Free to live without having having to think about diets. Free to wake up in the morning and plan their day without thinking of their eating plan. Free to eat all foods (real food, not diet food) and really enjoy them without guilt, shame, & condemnation. Free to be have the body that God designed without excess weight.

Jesus says in the Bible- "I have come that they might have life and have it to the full." John 10:10 It also says, "if the Son sets you free you shall be free indeed." John 8:32
I have experienced and am excited about these truths but it has not always been that way. There was a time when I was in complete slavery to food. If you would like to know how I became enslaved and how I got free then read the post called - MY STORY.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just reading this post has me hooked! I look forward to reading the rest of your blog. I have struggled for years with disordered eating - I was freed once, but somehow, gave in to the bad habits again and became a slave to food once again.

    I am really approaching this as an area of sin with which I need the Lord's help and grace to root out of my life.

    I just wrote a post about my struggle, and I'm sure it won't be the first one.

    God bless!

    Jen Y.
    http://www.jennysuegotmarried.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy
    I listen to you speak tonight.I sat @ a table of 7 women. One women was telling me of how lonely she was. She moved up from So. Fl.A year ago and that she was looking for some good friends & a good church. She spoke of how lonely she is with no family living up here.Then you came on stage and spoke of how we as women are so lonely even tho there are a lot of people around us we feel so alone.
    You,your daughter & Rebeca brought her to tears, I do believe that she found what she was looking for.I love seeing God @ work. He works his miracles with such grace. I witnessed one his miracles tonight through you & all the wonderful people @ The Church @ The Springs. This night will go down as one of the best nights of my life.
    Thank you
    Gail Powell

    ReplyDelete