Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Welcome to this blog!

Dear ladies at Church of the Springs,
It was an amazing opportunity to have the opportunity to tell my story last night. Thank you to all who gave me encouragement last night!
This blog is meant to encourage you. Feel free to make comments and ask questions. It is a long story and to get it from the beginning you need to go to the right hand part of this page and click on the January Post. That will lead you from one post to the next. God has taught me so much about food and eating that has set me free. My prayer is that you would be set free too!
One thing that I did not mention last night is there is a book that has helped me so much. It is called Thin Within by Judi Halliday. This book has been such a blessing to me. If you are suffering in anyway with food and your body, it is a must read. If there is anyone who would like to meet and discuss the book, I would love to do that! This helps me grow even more in this area.
With much love,
JOY

2 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Joy!
    It was with such great Joy, I was able to see you last night at the Church of the Springs. I to have struggled with something over the last 6 years, and it has taken me until last year, to finally come clean. I have depression. I finally found that person I could talk to, that would listen to me, and help me, and she lead me in the right direction. I went to the doctor and my doctor had put me on soem antidepressants, and it has made a difference in my life. But the one thing my doctor always tells me, is I need counseling, and I straight out told her, I do not counseling, I have Jesus! H eis the absolute BEST counselor, friend, life. She has given up on tryin to send me to counseling! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It really "hit home" to me! You are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I wanted to let you know how much you touched my heart. I have struggled with eating disorders for a couple of years and have recently been set free from the bondage that they had over me. Thankyou so much for sharing your story with us; it helps me know that Im not the only one that goes through things like this.

    ReplyDelete