Friday, March 27, 2009

I EAT WHATEVER I WANT!

If you are new to this blog, be sure to read it from the oldest post first. Click on the Jan. posts on the side bar to start the story from the beginning. You can also be a follower of this blog or make comments.

The story continues:

If you have read my whole blog, it might surprise you that I eat whatever I want! The key word here is want. Before I ever went on a diet, I ate whatever I wanted and didn't think about it much. As soon as I became aware of the supposed need to lose weight, I began to want the foods that I thought I shouldn't have. Then I wanted those foods so much more. My mind was focused on those foods. When I severely limited my intake of food and exercised excessively, I wanted any and all foods, as much as I could get. It was all I could focus on, I was literally starving.

Now that I am focused on my health instead of making my body thin, I want completely different things. It has taken time and a gradual revolution of my eating. Now I really love to eat a big bowl of fresh fruit in the morning. I love to drink lots of water. I look forward to a large vegetable salad at least 1 or 2 times per day. I love raw nuts. I look forward to a hot meal with fresh cooked vegetables. I eat meat, rice, pasta, potatoes, but I focus most of my eating on vegetables. I am not trying to be "good", I really love this food. More than that, I love how my bodies feels. It has been easy to maintain a healthy body weight while eating these foods.

Do I eat desserts? You bet I do! The interesting thing is that I don't want them as much. Or if I do, I just want a little bit of them. I could eat a lot if I wanted, but the feeling of being free of excess body weight feels better. I also notice if I eat things with processed white flour and sugar, I just want more of this type of food. It is addictive. I am aware that I do not feel that great after eating them. Now what really does the trick for me if I want something sweet, is a really good orange, or raisins. One of our family's favorite treats is raw almonds and raisins. It really satisfies a sweet tooth plus give protein which boosts your metabolism!

Bottom line is this: I am free to eat what ever I want to eat. It just so happens that I want to eat really great food. So, I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment